Ascending Metnal

Midway upon the journey of our life I found myself within a forest dark, For the straightforward pathway had been lost. Ah me! how hard a thing it is to say What was this forest savage, rough, and stern, Which in the very thought renews the fear. -Dante Alighieri, Divine Comedy, Inferno, Canto I

Still Here

I have to apologize for my recent absence. School has been very difficult lately and every week I'm either taking a test, writing a paper, or working on a project. Things have calmed down for a while so I have a bit of a break. As expected the medication has been building up in my system for the last two months and each week I have noticed an improvement. Before if I had this much work I would be overwhelmed and begin to have breakdown fits, but now I still feel the anxiety and nervousness but I can manage it. I have returned to therapy. I returned to one of my therapists that I had seen before. Unfortunately he is a cognitive psychologist and I wanted a psychodynamic approach to therapy. So he referred my to another therapist. I want to examine myself and get in touch with my feelings. I go every other week and discuss my experiences from those last two weeks and how I managed situations and my moods. In my last session I realized that I was giving too much credit to the medication. He made me realize that it is not the medicine that is making the decision visit my mother and sister, let go and play rock band all night. I decided to seek help long before medication, and I knew I was depressed even though no one told me. The medication and I are working together to make me happy. If I didn't have the drive to change the meds would be useless.

1 comments:

I am glad all is well and that you are blogging again... You've been TAGGED, go to my blog for the tagged rules and play along, have fun!

Ash
http://overcomingschizophrenia.blogspot.com