Ascending Metnal

Midway upon the journey of our life I found myself within a forest dark, For the straightforward pathway had been lost. Ah me! how hard a thing it is to say What was this forest savage, rough, and stern, Which in the very thought renews the fear. -Dante Alighieri, Divine Comedy, Inferno, Canto I

Therapy and Podcasts

Talking to my therapist last week, we both decided that therapy is not necessary for my recovery and decided to stop the sessions. If I ever need to go back, I'm more than welcome to. Therapy was good for me but I felt like I was already doing most of the work. Therapy gave me an opportunity to have insight into how I have been taking care of myself. However I am making my own path to recovery through a try and let's see approach. I've been making decisions that move me closer to a happy life and so far they are working.

As a side note I recently bought an ipod and started subscribing to podcast about depression. It has really helped me in recovery. If your interested and want to learn more about depression check it out.

Some recommendations

The Down and up show a podcast run by depressionisreal.org an organization raising depression as a public health issue. This show is more technical with discussions with experts on research, physiology, demographics, etc.

Health Talk: Depression Releases every third Sunday of the month, one hour long shows about various topics on depression

Depression in the Family a podcast for people with friends or family members diagnosed with depression. Very good to help non-depressed people understand what depression is, how it feels, what to look out for, how to care for a loved one with depression, etc. If you think someone close to you has depression or has been recently diagnosed, I highly recommend this podcast.

Taming the dragon: Living well with depression All the other podcast I've listed are told from the expert side, usually people who don't have depression. This one is run by someone who actually has depression and has gone through therapy and medication so you get a very personal insight into the mind of depression. She hits the nail on the head on how depression feels. This podcast only has two real episodes and changed to goodfeeling's Podcast.

0 comments: