Ascending Metnal

Midway upon the journey of our life I found myself within a forest dark, For the straightforward pathway had been lost. Ah me! how hard a thing it is to say What was this forest savage, rough, and stern, Which in the very thought renews the fear. -Dante Alighieri, Divine Comedy, Inferno, Canto I

About Ascending Metnal

I am a 23 year old woman attending university in Texas. My major is biology, though I am not sure what I will do for my career. Like many people in my age group I feel a constant pressure to preform perfectly. To excel in my school work as well as maintain a relationship and have time to enjoy myself. On top of this I had a poor childhood. Ever since my parents separated I have had a hard time dealing with stressful situations. I was always called sensitive. No doubt my family took advantage f it. Out of all the people in my family I never retorted the abuse. When I was yelled at, called names, or hit all I did was cry as silently as I could. Whenever I did try to defend myself, responding in like, it got worse. I was the only one not allowed to use violence. I became progressively numb. Though I participated in activities in highschool there was no enjoyment. As I got older the world came at me faster, harder. I was able to handle it, but eventually it brought me to my knees. I knew there was something wrong with me for years but I never sought help. Until recently.

This blog is a therapeutic tool. To share my story about depression, how I got it, and how I will overcome it.

1 comments:

I have a similar blog. I was recently diagnosed with schizophrenia so I write about it to educate other people about the illness.

Check it out and let me know what you think at http://overcomingschizophrenia.blogspot.com