Ascending Metnal

Midway upon the journey of our life I found myself within a forest dark, For the straightforward pathway had been lost. Ah me! how hard a thing it is to say What was this forest savage, rough, and stern, Which in the very thought renews the fear. -Dante Alighieri, Divine Comedy, Inferno, Canto I

Still Around

Well it has been a long time since I last updated. I'm doing great now. I'm taking it easy because in March I had a relapse. I stopped going to class and didn't care about school. I just really wanted to take a break from school for a semester. I went back to see my NP, and she immediatly increased my medication and arranged to see a therapist within 72 hours. Since then I have been going to therapy every other week and took increased doses on my meds. I went back to class, but don't think I did well this semester. But it really doesn't bother me. I'll be taking only 2 classes in the fall. I am very excited about the summer. I'll be at Baylor College of Medicine for a program to gain biomedical research experience. I'll be working on HIV research. This will give me a leg up in getting into grad school for my Ph.D. So regarless of the speed numb I had earlier this year, the future looks good.

2 comments:

Hi Persephone,

I am so glad things are going well for you and that you gave us an update. I plan on going back to school this fall too, and taking a couple of classes to get adjusted first before diving back into college.

Now I am volunteering with an HIV/AIDS non-profit organization. I started a forum for mental illness at Embracing My Mind (http://embracingmymind.org), please check it out.

Take care,

Ashley