Ascending Metnal

Midway upon the journey of our life I found myself within a forest dark, For the straightforward pathway had been lost. Ah me! how hard a thing it is to say What was this forest savage, rough, and stern, Which in the very thought renews the fear. -Dante Alighieri, Divine Comedy, Inferno, Canto I

Still Here 2.0

Yes I am aware that I have not updated.  But I got a cool new background.  That's got to count for something right?  I have been doing very well lately. When I got back to school in August I immediately saw my NP.  Prozac hasn't quite been  working anymore in that I was tired, and my mood was not as high as when I first started it.  She switched me to Celexa, which has been working very well.  I'm still tired but I attribute that to being very busy.  This semester I' taking only two classes, but I am teaching 4 zoology labs.  I love teaching, but it's a lot of work.  Especially with 4 labs a week.  The worse part is the grading.  At the same time that I saw my NP, I visited the disability counselor.  He required that I get psychologically evaluated for depression before I can receive any accommodations from the school.  So for 2 separate days I spent around 8 hours subjected to tests.  Turns out I am depressed.  Of course I had already known it, but now it's official.  Kind of like dating someone for a long time, then getting hitched.  I can be taken seriously now.  It also turns out that I am perfectly average in Intelligence.  However I scored way higher than average in verbal skills.  Who knew?  That was a great boast to my self-esteem, and it give me great insight on how I learn and how I can use it to my advantage.  It also showed me my weaknesses, and know I know what I can do to overcome them.    

0 comments: